Good Morning , i would like to thank you for giving me the opportunity to interview your company
1. I have been interested with your official page because of the way you combined looks in many personality. Before putting on looks, do you consult special colorist or you just think about it at the moment?
I hope you are referring to our post about ” what fashion personality are you” We always depend on our research team to do R&D for any post. For this one… the team used their knowledge of the fashion subcultures that were… like grunge, punk, hippies etc. And how that past affects the looks today. The team also went through celeb looks and their fashion personalities too and then combined the garments and colors that could represent a single personality.
2. What made you think of “Heiress” as being your label?
Heiress in obvious terms means the girl who inherits legacy. We want our consumers to feel that they are part of something bigger than just clothes. Fashion for us is more like a tradition and we choose to represent it in everyday RTW apparel. On a personal level, fashion also runs in the family of this brand’s founder ” The Vermas”
3. I realized that your page linked to a twitter, facebook, pinterest account…which is really good. What i admire the most is how many people you got to follow you on each page in less than two months. So, what strategies did you use?did you happen to have personal ad prior to opening the accounts or you used personal contacts to fill in?
Yes linking all our accounts have worked well for us and we highly recommend it. And as a team, we did have personal contacts on Facebook liking our page, but we have a lot of new users coming in like yourself. Since friends of people who like us also see our stories and if it interests them, they like it. Though we are planning to start an online ad campaign soon.
4. I started a blog for my class, but never get comments from anyone except classmates or teacher. What would you advice me to do to attract more readers to make comments?
Firstly we would suggest that read new blogs yourself and leave genuine comments on blog posts with your name and blog link below. Also you could join blogger communities like IFB( independent fashion Bloggers) where you get to meet a lot of new bloggers.
5. Your posts are not long,but you put a lot of pictures…is it because you just need to advertise the product and not how one will feel inside?
Somehow the team believes ” a picture is worth a thousand words” 🙂 . Also what is felt inside we represent through the pictures and choose to describe it briefly in words. And we like the idea of that pictures transcend language and it could attract readers from a lot of corners of the world.
6. What does fashion mean to you?
Fashion for us is really a sense of belonging…. representing who we are or a lot of times who we want to be. You wear the chicest clothes one day and you feel you belong to a fashionable crowd and you feel good. Fashion and feelings are interconnected.
7. How would you define your personal style?
If “Heiress” were a girl she would always be dressed occasion appropriate. Would love dresses which are the right mix of trends, classic cuts and form flattering silhouette. Would wear a lace shirt to work, a shift dress in a vibrant color to a luncheon and sequins and glitter for clubbing !! We believe her favorite color this season would have been Klein Blue and ice cream pastels !
8. How long does it take you to arrange an outfit that will look stunning?
Actually one look.. one picture… has a whole lot of hard work behind it. Right from spotting a trend, conceptualizing, sourcing fabric and accessories to fit samples and the photoshoot, the process is long but rewarding !
9. Where do you get your inspiration from?
Oh lots of places… the street.. ramps.. blogs…. celebs…trend forecasts.. art… the list is long we suppose !
10.What are your favorite colors and fabrics to work with?why?
we are loving Klein Blue, ice-cream pastels and raspberry and bubble pink too. As for the fabrics we love American crepe for it’s fluidity, cotton silk for it’s richness and being weather friendly and last but not the least cotton lace….It’s very sensuous and chic at the moment !